Thursday 26 September 2013

The Bigger Things - Festival Win

2nd Place at the 2013 Onewhero Film Competition
What started with a story idea many years ago, evolved into a script that had been sitting on my bookshelf gathering dust. It was a short film requiring a father (myself) and his daughter. The daughter needed to be an actress that was young and yet could convey innocence, awe and a natural gift for acting.
It wasn't until I worked on Morgan Owen's "Distance" project and met Scarlet and her mother Kay that I knew I had the "daughter" cast!
Shot in a single evening, it was entered, and placed runner up in the Onewhero Short film competition. I was unable to attend the red carpet night, but I was able to catch it on another of the seven screening nights. Our young starlet and her Mum attended and collected our award.